The Museum of Moscow is one of the oldest museums of the city. Its collection was established on the initiative of Russian scientific community in 1896. The Moscow City Duma gave it a large collection of exhibits. In the 20th century museum several times changed its name and location. In 1921 the museum was called Moscow Municipal Museum and was located in Sukharev Tower. In 1940 was renamed into the Museum of History and Reconstruction of Moscow. In 1987 the museum got its present name. The Museum of Moscow located in the Provision Warehouse is a museum with a vast exposition space and a very diverse event schedule.